- Don't leave your keys lying about.
- Notify security personnel if you notice suspicious persons or vehicles, especially after normal working hours.
- Be extra careful in stairwells and isolated or poorly-lighted restrooms.
- In an elevator, stand near the controls and locate the emergency button.
- Do not get in an elevator with someone who looks suspicious to you.
- Know your co-workers and look out for each other.
- Have available at every phone: Emergency numbers for security, police, fire departments, and a list of employees who are trained in CPR or first aid.