- Always place the computer in a public part of the house, not in a child's bedroom
- Sign an Internet Safety Contract with children outlining when, where, and for how long the are allowed to be online.
- Use a firewall, virus protection and parental controls software on every computer connected to the Internet.
- Never respond to unsolicited emails, especially if they are requesting any type of personal information. Legititmate companies will never ask for your social security number, your ATM pin, or any other personal information by email.
- Shred all old financial documents and all pre-approved credit card offers.
- Check yor credit report every year.
- Safegaurd your social security number at all times. Do not use if for your drivers license number, or any type of ID number.